Tuesday, June 25, 2019

OK



copyright (c) 2019 Tabitha  Carin   Snowden 
2019

OK

OK! That is something we say often, I was thinking about how many times I say: 'OK' in a day. It is quite interesting actually, what do we mean by that word? I know that sometimes when I'm not doing my best and people ask how I am, on a rare occasion the response might be 'OK'. But how do you use the word? Maybe you use it as a confirmation, an acceptance, or in any way you feel it is appropriate. 


What happens when you say 'OK' to someone who controls the universe? Scary, right? But in all reality it isn't, because God has you in His hands and by saying 'OK' we are saying; "OK, God, I accept what you have in store for me, and I am ready." 
It takes time though, you can't just say it without really letting go, doing that can be an important step. We often hold onto what we really really want or maybe what we  think we need, but letting go is crucial. I felt that as I came to America, as if I was leaving a part of my heart back in Africa, but the truth is, a big part of my heart is where my family is, and where God puts me until He says to go, we will wait on His will.
 I feel like I'm always on the edge of my toes waiting, but I'm learning to be patient in this time. God is only wanting for us to patiently wait, but also during this time He is yearning for His children to seek Him more. And that makes the process so much more bearable.

 I love seeking God and His presence I laugh when I read a scripture and it touches me, because He knew I needed that, and I marvel at His works. He takes me to places I have never been spiritually, during this time of waiting. And it is amazing, when you think that there is nothing you can do anymore that you are exhausted from this time, He renews you in a way only He can. 

I am STUBBORN, ask my family, I really am, but it's funny no matter how stubborn you might be, God breaks you, in the best way possible. He reminds you that you are His, and you are in the place where He wants you to be exactly. And our stubbornness can not get in the way of our Lord, I tried to argue with God, saying many things about what I wanted, but you want to know who won that argument? God, completely, He simply taught me in this time, it isn't a punishment, it is a teaching, and are we learning? I would like to think that at this moment, I am, I am learning more than I ever thought I would, isn't it amazing? God takes us from our stubbornness and puts us in His will, and then all we feel is, peace.

There is a time for everything, but there is always a time for seeking God. Before you start worrying about time or the time of waiting, start remembering God is controlling the time, and at this point all we can do is simply trust and seek Him with all we have. 

Saying 'OK' is something we have to believe and know with our hearts we are accepting God's will in our lives, and not worrying about anything, because if God put you there He will take care of everything. 






No comments:

Post a Comment